Friday, July 9, 2010

My 5 Most Exciting Upcoming Games for Xbox 360 (Part 1)

5. Call of Duty: Black Ops

If you read my previous article on the Call of Duty franchise, you may remember that I am wary of Call of Duty: Black Ops. It is being developed by Treyarch- who constructed other Call of Duty titles such as World at War and Call of Duty 3. Fans of the series know that these games are generally the weaker installments, with the games from developer Infinity Ward generally being more successful.

However, I can see the Black Ops reception going one of two ways. It might be very successful, as an alternative to playing the annoying broken Modern Warfare 2. Or, many Call of Duty fans may have been polarized by Modern Warfare 2 and pick up a game developed by Bungie Studios instead.

If I were a betting man, I would say that Activision and Treyarch will have another successful launch and millions of players will be having fun online on opening day. Treyarch does a very good job with their multiplayer maps and World at War didn't seem to have nearly the issues Modern Warfare 2 had. They are smart to get rid of game ending killstreaks and cumulative killstreaks are in. That should stop some of the atrocious camping.

Overall I'm going to wait on Black Ops. If it can prove a fair and competent shooter, I am definitely on the boat. If it isn't, I'll probably pick it up anyway to play with my friends, but don't expect me to throw any money at the 2011 Call of Duty.



Video belongs to IGN.

No comments:

Post a Comment