Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Grading System

Many websites review games and give them a number score. Fine. For a lot of gamers, that serves as some kind of indicator of whether or not the game at hand is worth buying. The more power to them. So I am not going to score my games- because you would probably prefer the opinion of IGN or Gamespot instead of my own. Alternatively, I am going to score my games in one of three categories: 1.) Buy it, 2.) Rent it, 3.) Skip it.
Simple enough. Games that I believe are worth the money and are worth revisiting and replaying over and over again will fall into the "Buy" category. These are titles you must have in your library. Games in the "Rent" category are worth playing, if nothing more than for the experience. These games may have limited replay value, or are simply games that are good, but not great. You wouldn't miss them if you lost them. Lastly, the "Skip" games are titles that bring nothing to the table as a game or an experience. Games that give the players nothing new to think about or are worthwhile in the slightest. Simple enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment